Jarrah Rz F1 Hybrid Tomato (71-102)
Jarrah Rz F1 Hybrid Tomato (71-102), Determinate Hybrid Open Field tomato variety with a good fruit setting, nice fruit shape and uniform. It contains the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
Features of Jarrah Rz F1 Hybrid Tomato (71-102)
- Semi-determinate plum tomato
- Strength: Good vigour and canopy cover
- Firmness: Unicolor, firm fruit
- Shape: Elongated plum fruit shape
- Fruit weight: 80-100 gr
- Cycle: Short crop cycle, early fruit set.
- Short determinate plant.
- Open canopy.
- Very productive.
- Elongated, jointless fruit.
- Average fruit weight: 100-120.
- Maturity: Growing tomatoes from seed takes about six to eight weeks from sowing to transplanting.
- Tomatoes take 20 to 30 days to reach maturity from the time they first appear, so expect your tomato plants to begin producing fruits 40 to 50 days after planting them in the ground.
- Soil pH should be 6.2 to 6.8.
- Need well-drained, nutrient-rich soil.
- High resistance against Tomato Mosaic Virus, Fusarium and Verticillium, Intermediate resistance against nematodes.
Nutritional facts of tomatoes
The water content of tomatoes is about 95%, with the other 5% being mainly carbohydrates and fibre.
- Tomatoes are good sources of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin B9 (folate), etc.
- Including tomatoes in the diet can help prevent cancer, maintain healthy blood pressure and reduce blood glucose levels in people with diabetes.
- They contain key carotenoids like lutein and lycopene. These can protect the eye against light-induced damage.
- Tomatoes are among the top ten fruits and vegetables for containing levels of pesticide residue.