We offer tangelo and tangerine seedlings, they are varieties of orange seedlings which are high-quality products for your orange plantation.
- The orange tree is an evergreen, flowering tree, with an average height of 9 to 10 m (30 to 33 ft.), although some very old specimens can reach 15 m (49 ft.).
- Its oval leaves, alternately arranged, are 4 to 10 cm (1.6 to 3.9 in) long and have crenulate margins.
Requirements for planting Tangelo And Tangerine Seedlings
- Oranges grow over a wide range of soils but light, well-drained (sandy) soils are most ideal.
- For good productivity, oranges require well-distributed rainfall or supplementary irrigation throughout the year. A good source of water is therefore essential in orange farming.
- Oranges can be grown from as low as sea level to 200m above sea level. Areas of low humidity are most ideal.
- Such a climate is important for reduced disease intensity and for acquiring good orange colour.
- A dry hot day, cool at night climate also favours good colour development.
- The optimum temperature for propagation is 25⁰C-35⁰C. Extremely high temperatures may be harmful especially during flowering or if cool temperatures are followed by a hot period.
- Excessive wind can cause serious damage to orange trees and fruits.
What you need to know about Tangelo And Tangerine farming
- Acquire your seedlings from reputable farms, preferably at the onset of rains.
- If not acquired at the onset of rains, ensure you adequately provide irrigation to the seedlings.
- Prepare the field and dig planting holes 60 x 60 x 60 cm.
- Usually, the plant density varies from 150 to 500 trees per ha, which means distances of 5 by 6 meters or 7 by 8 meters (oranges, grapefruits, and mandarins).
- It is very important to ensure that seedlings are not transplanted too deep.
- After planting, the seedlings ought to be at the same height or preferably, somewhat higher than in the nursery.
- Under no circumstances must the graft union ever be in contact with the soil or with mulching material if used.
- Keep the trees free of weeds.
- Remove all side branches/rootstock suckers.