Darina F1 cucumber seed is one of the most productive slicing cucumber seeds available in the market. This variety of hybrid cucumber seeds can support a lot of big cucumber fruits at a time if well-fed with nutrients. The fruits of Darina F1 are deep green in color, cylindrical in shape, and big. This variety is parthenocarpic in nature, that is, it has predominantly female flowers and may not necessarily need bees for pollination.
Characteristics of Darina F1 Seed
- Just like Murano F1, Darina F1 presents with very large leaves. The large leaves make the variety very efficient in the use of sunlight for photosynthesis. Efficient photosynthesis makes plants manufacture more food and leads to better yield and revenue for the farmer.
- Darina F1 has a vigorous growth habit. The plant can grow as high as 12 feet if staked.
- The length of the fruit of Darina F1 cucumber fruit is between 20 – 23cm
- The diameter of this cucumber fruit is about 4-5cm
- The fruits produced by Darina F1 are super dark green. In most parts of Nigeria, dark green cucumber fruits command better prices.
- This variety has a crawling habit. It yields better when staked
- The maturity time of Darina F1 is between 40 – 50 days. It matures faster in a hot climate
- Resistance to cucumber vein yellow virus, cucumber scab disease, cucumber mosaic virus, and powdery mildew
Advantages of planting Darina F1 cucumber seeds
- There are instances of farmers who harvested 500-800 bags of cucumbers from one acre of farmland (4,000 square meters) using the Darina F1 variety. A bag of cucumber weighs 40-45kg. This is one of the merits of planting Darina F1 seeds.
- The dark green color of the Darina F1 cucumber fruits appeals to buyers in the Nigerian market. The color also makes it command a very high price as compared to other varieties.
- Darina F1 has a thick fruit wall. This makes it stay fresh for a very long time. Darin F1 fruits can stay fresh for more than 7 days if well kept.
- The maturity time of this variety of cucumber is short. You can start harvesting at 40 days. This can enable you to recoup your investment in no time.
- You can grow this variety in all towns and regions in Nigeria. Be it in southern Nigeria or northern Nigeria.
- It has good resistance and tolerance to a lot of diseases and pests.