Golden Hybrid Sweetcorn is a unique hybrid variety. The Tropical hybrid sweet corn is a good combination of strong vigour and a strong root system which makes it tolerant to lodging. Good tip filling and tender sweet with high sugar content. With good resistance to northern corn leaf blight and southern rust. It has a golden yellow colour.
Health Benefits of Golden Hybrid Sweetcorn
- The high amount of fibre present in corn helps lower cholesterol levels and also reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- Corn, if consumed in moderate quantities, has been seen to be beneficial for those suffering from diabetes.
- Being rich in folate, corn helps the generation of new cells, especially important before and during pregnancy.
- Those suffering from anaemia have shown positive effects after consuming corn.
- The pantothenic acid present in corn helps the physiological functions of the body.
- Owing to the presence of thiamin, corn has been said to help in the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Corn has been found to be helpful in treating kidney problems, including renal dysfunction.
- Regular consumption of corn, in moderate quantities, has been associated with better cardiovascular health.
- The beta-cryptoxanthin in corn makes it good for the health of the lungs cryptoxanthin and may even help prevent lung cancer.
- The insoluble fibre in corn makes it good for those suffering from common digestive ailments, like constipation and haemorrhoids.