NoduMax Legume Inoculant
NoduMax is a new legume inoculation technology developed at the IITA Business Incubation Platform. NoduMax is intended for soybean crops so that they are better able to access nitrogen from the air.
- The offered product is inexpensive, 100 g package, is enough to inoculate 10 kg of seed and will plant 0.25 ha.
- It can increase yield by 30 % to 45 % on average
- It is affordable and environmentally safe.
Usage of NoduMax Legume Inoculant
- 100 gm per 10 kg of seeds
- NoduMax contains Bradyrhizobium japonicum strain USDA 110 at a density of at least 1 billion live cells per gram of inoculant.
More about NoduMax Legume Inoculant
- NoduMax is a peat-based inoculant ensuring that soybean’s symbiotic rhizobium bacteria are present, resulting in improved root nodulation and high rates of biological nitrogen fixation (BNF).
- Nitrogen fixation eliminates the need for costly nitrogen fertilizers.
- NoduMax contains the industry-standard strain USDA 110 and includes a gum Arabic adhesive.
- NoduMax is applied to soybean seed just before planting.
- First, the gum arabic adhesive is dissolved in clean, hot water, applied to 10 to 15 kg of soybean seed, mixed to coat the seed exterior, the inoculant added, and the seeds mixed again until the inoculant appears as a fine brown powder uniformly distributed upon the seeds.
- Seeds should be planted shortly after application and protected from direct sunlight. This is referred to as the two-step method and results in the most uniform distribution on the seeds.
- An alternative, the simpler method involves mixing the inoculant to the adhesive solution and then applying them to the seeds but this technique tends to clump.
There are no reviews yet.