NatSoil Natural Fertilizer
NatSoill natural Fertilizer is a nourishing, highly effective, natural Fertilizer produced by the larvae of the Black Soldier Fly (BSF), Hermetia illucens. NatSoil is a slow-release fertilizer that is high in organic matter content and bio-available nitrogen. Completely free from artificial chemicals, NatSoil is available fresh and can be pelletized. It has an earthy smell and is rich in beneficial microbes. It promotes strong plant growth and can trigger a plant’s natural defence mechanisms to deter unwanted pests. NatSoil can be used on its own or in conjunction with other nutrient inputs for the soil. It is excellent as a soil amendment and can also be made into a compost tea.
NatSoil is a new and innovative input on organic farms. It provides a rich source of nutrients that are released into the soil throughout the year. When used in land preparation, it naturally stimulates microbial activity in the soil and provides a structure that aids water retention. This process optimizes germination, improves fruiting and initiates a natural pest control response in many crops. It contains chitin which triggers the immune response and natural defence system in the crop. It can be made into a compost tea which can be applied as a root drench throughout the season. It is suitable for vegetables, tubers and grain crops.
- Transplanting: Add a small handful of Natsoil under the roots
- Seed Starter: Use instead of coco peat for seedling trays
- Compost Tea: Apply 1 kg of Natsoil to 20 litres of water and leave to steep for 18 to 24 hours. Use as a compost tea within 24 hours and discard the residue. Apply at the root.
- Compost Catalyst: Apply 50g per kg equivalent of compost
- Soil Preparation: Apply 0.2kg of Natsoil per sq meter (or 1 ton per acre) 2 weeks before planting. Work deep into the soil to add nutrients, microbes and organic matter to feed the soil. Compost tea can be applied every 3 months to maintain soil nutrient levels.