PPL Pesticide (Papaya Leaf Extract)
Pesticides are important. They help farmers grow more food on less land by protecting crops from pests, diseases, and weeds as well as raising productivity per hectare. Papaya leaf extract can be used as a pesticide against various organisms and their larvae such as mosquitoes, aphids, caterpillars, and worms. The toxic compounds in papaya leaf extract that are insecticidal are alkaloids, papain, and cyanogenic glycosides. The multipurpose pesticide (PPL Pesticide) is extracted from papaya leaves. This aqueous (and biodegradable) solution can be sprayed on crops, plants, and produce to kill pests. In addition to having insecticidal properties, papaya leaf compounds also demonstrate antimicrobial properties.
- Papaya leaf extract is biodegradable.
- It is safe for plants, livestock, and humans.
- This organic pesticide is a much more cost-effective way of controlling pests on your crop farm.
- It is fast-acting and very effective.
- It enables farmers to produce safe, quality foods at affordable prices.
Benefits of Organic Pest Control
- Chemical sprays, though effective, often have harmful effects on the surrounding environment (including animals, soil, and water when it becomes runoff), organic pest control products on the other hand are typically much safer and more beneficial for the environment.
- Organic pesticides are typically effective for a longer period of time than chemical sprays.
- Chemical sprays and pesticides can lose their effectiveness over time as pests can become resistant to them. However, since organic treatments are biologically based rather than artificially created, pests are less likely to develop resistance.