Eurosolids Calcium Nitrate
The Eurosolids Calcium Nitrate is a top-quality fertilizer that is highly soluble in water. Calcium nitrate is an inorganic compound with the formula Ca(NO3)2. This colourless salt absorbs moisture from the air and is commonly found as a tetrahydrate. It is mainly used as a component in fertilizers but has other applications. This fertilizer grade (15.5-0-0 + 26.3 CaO) is popular in the greenhouse, horticulture, and hydroponics trades. Calcium nitrate is also used to control certain plant diseases. For example, dilute calcium nitrate (and calcium chloride) sprays are used to control bitter pit and cork spots in apple trees.
Total Nitrogen 15.5%
Nitric Nitrogen 14.3%
Ammoniacal Nitrogen 1.2%
Calcium Oxide 26.3%
- The Eurosolids calcium nitrate improves fruit quality (less sensitive to bitter pit and blossom end rot) and shelf-life.
- This fertilizer is developed for fertigation in open fields and greenhouses but is also suitable for foliar application.
- The fertilizer is low on heavy metals.
- It is particularly low on Sodium and Chloride.
- The production process is certified according to ISO 9001:2009.
- White granules.
- The calcium nitrate fertilizer is compatible with other fertilizers, with the exception of Sulphate or Phosphate fertilizers.
- It is soluble in water. Soluble fertilizers are far more effective than furrow applications.