Blood Meal Fertilizer
Blood meal fertilizer is a high nitrogen garden fertilizer made from dried animal blood (typically cattle blood). This soil nutrient booster is made for use in home gardens by collecting blood from animals after they’re slaughtered, then drying it up to make a powder.
- Of the three main macro-nutrients needed by plants — namely part nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (NPK) — this animal product has an extremely high nitrogen level, containing about 13.25% of this nutrient, with only around 1% of phosphorus and 0.6% of potassium.
- With such a large amount of nitrogen, it is proven to be effective in promoting photosynthesis.
- The products are bagged per kg.
Blood meal fertilizer: Product benefits
- It acts as a rich source of nitrogen, which helps increase the acidity of the soil.
- It is also recommended to be used to side-dress heavy feeders including spinach, broccoli, and other leafy greens like cabbage, kale, Brussels, and lettuce.
- Blood meals help improve soil quality and return to its natural pH balance.
- This fertilizer also adds vibrancy to gardens as it produces lush, deep-green foliage.
Benefits of using organic fertilizers
- They’re all-natural
- The process of decomposition requires no chemical intervention
- Organic fertilizers don’t upset the balance in the soil because they don’t leave behind any artificial compounds
- Delivers nutrients at a slow, but sustainable rate
- Balances the soil ecosystem
- Boosts plant health naturally
- Prevents over-fertilization.