Fixit-GA Biological Control
Fixit-GA Biological Control is a broad-spectrum biological control for insects. It contains Beauvaria bassiana, a sustainable biopesticide for the control of thrips in sweet pepper and hot pepper production. It is also indicated for the control of bolt worms. Furthermore, it is suitable for the control of Lipedopterous caterpillars including Helicoverpa, Spodoptera, borers, and hairy caterpillars.
- Method of application: Foliar spray
- Active ingredient: Beauvaria bassiana 1.15% WP
- Packaging: 100g sachets
Why Fixit-GA is important to farmers
- Many farmers in Nigeria have recorded up to 70% yield losses in pepper production due to thrips.
- Thrips are sucking insects from the order Thysanoptera. The adult and nymph stages of thrips cause severe damage to plants. They reduce the quality and quantity of fruits, reduce flowering, and transmit the Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus to plants.
- Most of the chemical control methods available in the country have not significantly controlled this pest. This is due to repeated use of a particular insecticide, poor application by farmers, and resistance to insecticides by Thrips.
- Beauvaria bassiana is an entomopathogenic fungus that has recorded significant control of thrips by germinating and penetrating into the cuticles of the insect and finally killing them.
- In addition, this product has proven efficacy in the control of all kinds of bolt worms. Bolt worms are reputable for their evil effects on crop production both on the farmland and in storage. With this product, farmers can optimally control bolt worms in order to achieve a more bountiful yield.
There are no reviews yet.