Force Top Herbicide
Force Top is a selective pre-emergence agricultural herbicide that can be used for controlling most annual grasses and many annual broad-leaved weeds in cereals, soya beans, cowpeas, groundnut, etc. It has also proven valuable in the control of suckers in tobacco. Below are some of the features of Force Top:
- Active ingredient: Pendimethalin 33 % EC.
- Family: Dinitroaniline.
- Description: Selective, pre-emergence herbicide.
- Mode of action: It is a selective herbicide, absorbed by the roots and leaves. Affected plants die shortly after germination or following emergence from the soil.
- Packaging: 1 liter / 12 pieces / carton.
Note: In addition to its pre-emergence action, Force Top can also be applied in pre-transplanting, early post-emergence, and pre-planting conditions.
Force Top is applicable in the following crops
Artichoke, Carrot, Cereals, Corn (maize), Fruits, Garlic, Gladiolus, Herbs, Legumes, Onion, Ornamentals, Peanut, Potato, Safflower, Sorghum, Soybean, Sugarcane, Sunflower, Tobacco, Tomato, Established Turfs, Aubergines, Primrose.
Importance of herbicides in crop production
Production of major crops has more than tripled since 1960, thanks in large part to pesticides (including herbicides). Without pesticides, more than half of our crops would be lost to pests and diseases.
Food crops on farms must compete with 30,000 species of weeds and this competition can be detrimental to the survival of the crops. This shows the pertinent need for specific chemicals that can deal with these pests while prolonging the life of crops and preventing post-harvest losses.
- Herbicides help farmers grow more food on less land by protecting crops from various species of weeds.
- The use of herbicides will serve to increase the productivity per hectare.
- They enable farmers to produce safe, quality foods at affordable prices.
- They also help farmers to provide an abundance of nutritious, all-year-round food which is necessary for human health.