Grace Lakes is a heritage, medium to large-hearted ‘Iceberg’ type lettuce that produces crisp, bright green-leaved heads in 90 days.
- It lettuce is heat and cold tolerant and has a strong resistance to bolting and tip burn. It also produces large, crinkled leaves with a crisp texture, which form a dense head in the centre.
- This variety is easy to pick and has good storage ability. It makes an excellent combination for salads, shredding and adding to wraps.
- From sowing till harvest takes 12 to 13 weeks to full maturity. Height: 20cm. Spread: 30cm.
- The products are packaged in 2g sachets.
- Sun: Full
- Average germination time: 7 – 14 days
- Sowing method: Pot/trays
- Maturity days: 100 days
- Recommended soil pH: 6.0 – 6.5
How do I grow Grace Lakes?
- When growing this lettuce variety you should plant about 10 seeds per square foot, spacing your rows 12 to 18 inches apart.
- You can also sow and plant your lettuce seeds into small spaces and containers when required.
- It is true that this lettuce variety will grow the fastest in full sun, however, it is one of the few vegetables that can tolerate some shade without affecting growth.
- Many gardeners believe that soaking any seeds before planting can increase germination rates. To do this, soak your lettuce seeds in water for at least 16 hours before sowing them, making sure that the seeds are placed in a well-lit area.