We sell Greengo F1 which is a mid-early, gynoecious dark-coloured cucumber variant. Analysts have characterized the colour of this cucumber variety to resemble Thunderbird or Cobra.
- The offered variety (918 F1) is resistant to common diseases affecting cucumber production including PM, DM, CMV, ALS, An, Scab, WMV, ZYMV, and PRSV.
- The product comes in 500 seeds or 1,000 seeds, depending on customers’ preferences.
- Maturity: 45-55 days
- Flowering habit: Determinate
- Colour: Green
- Length: 20-23cm
- Diameter: 4-5cm
- Plant vigour: Strong
Why Greengo F1?
- Deep greenish plum fruit: Greengo F1 has a fine deep greenish colour of fruits. Asides, it produces averagely equal-sized fruits that are plum which enhances its package-ability.
- High yield: Because of the important engineering on this hybrid variant, it produces a very high yield, making it profitable.
- Market sentiment: The fresh veggies markets are predominantly disposed to deep greenish cucumber fruits especially in Southwest Nigeria. You have a better unit price from planting this type than the light greenish ones.
- Resistance to Downy Mildew: This is perhaps the major threat in cucumber cultivation especially in the raining season. There is no degree of preventive measures you can take to stem this infection if the variety in the first place does not have intermediate to high resistance to mildew. Greengo F1 has a very strong resistance to mildew even without preventive measures (though not a wise practice).
- Long shelf-life: This cucumber variety can stay for a week without depreciating in colour or firmness. This is perhaps an attraction to both retailers and consumers.
- Early maturity: The first harvest is as early as five weeks and a half from planting.