Kalenda F1 is a premium variety of eggplant manufactured by Technisem. Thanks to its resistance to Anthracnosis and its high tolerance to bacterial wilt, this open field hybrid can provide abundant and good production in difficult hot and humid conditions.
- In addition, its excellent behaviour toward Phomopsis vexans makes it even more adapted to hot and wet conditions.
- Its deep shining purple and homogeneous size has consistently satisfied eggplants producers.
- Kalenda F1 is resistant to common pests affecting eggplant production including TMV (Tobacco Mosaic Virus) and CMV (Cucumber Mosaic Virus).
Kalenda F1: Plant features/characteristics
- The fruit is long, cylindrical and bulbous
- Deep purple
- Average weight: 300 to 450g
- Fruit length: 20 to 22 cm
- Fruit diameter: 7 to 8 cm
- Maturity: 75 to 80 days
- Plant: Open field
- Bacterial wilt (Ralstonia solanacearum)
- Anthracnose (Colletotricum lagenarium)
- TMV (Virus de la Mosaïque du Tabac)
- CMV (Virus de la Mosaïque du Concombre)
- Phomopsis vexans
Eggplant is Solanum melongena?
- Yes, it is. As a member of the genus Solanum, eggplant is related to the tomato, chilli pepper, and potato families.
- Like the tomato, its skin and seeds can be eaten. Additionally, like the potato, it is usually eaten cooked.
- Eggplant is nutritionally low in macronutrient and micronutrient content, but the capability of the fruit to absorb oils and flavours into its flesh through cooking expands its use in the culinary arts deepens.
There are no reviews yet.