Murano 2 F1 Cucumber
We offer Murano 2 F1 Cucumber which is a hybrid seed variety for the outdoor and indoor culture of cucumbers under tropical conditions. Its fruits are dark-green, cylindrical, and uniform. The fruits are high-yielding and high-quality.
- Its ramifications and the predominance of female flowers allow the cultivators to get better yield per planting. Thanks to multiple disease tolerances, Murano 2 F1 Cucumber seeds can be grown all year round.
- The maturity period of the offered product is 40-45 days after sowing.
- Each pack contains about 1,800 seeds.
Murano 2 F1 Cucumber: Plant features
- Very vigorous and hardy.
- Several ramifications.
- Good leaf cover and excellent color.
- The fruits are straight and cylindrical.
- Length: 22-25 cm
- Diameter: 5 – 6 cm
- Weight: 450 – 500 g
- Color: Uniform dark green
- Thick and smooth flesh
- Small seed cavity
- Downy mildew (Pseudoperonospora cubensis).
- Powdery mildew (Sphaerotheca fuliginea).
- CMV (Cucumber Mosaïc Virus).
Facts about cucumbers
- Cucumber belongs to the cucurbit family. The Cucurbit family also includes plants like watermelon, melon, snake guard, and squash.
- The most common cucumbers belong to the specie group called Cucumis sativus.
- Cucumber requires any amount of space and possess an exceptional ability to climb.
- Cucumber plants can survive in any environment and require a temperature between 15-33⁰C.
- There are several varieties of cucumber and they include Murano 2 F1, Tokyo F1, Greengo F1, etc. They are resistant to many cucumber diseases.
Cucumber cultivation: Useful tips
The most suitable soil type for growing cucumber is sandy loamy or sandy soils, because of faster absorption of heat than other soil types. The steps involved in planting cumber include:
- Clear and plow: Clear and plow the farmland where you intend to farm cucumber. Remove all unwanted things on the farmland. The land should not contain trees or shrub. Note that cucumber needs sunshine to grow very well, therefore they should be appropriately exposed to sunlight.
- Application of organic manure: This is commonly done before making beds. You can apply pig, cow, or poultry droppings and allow for 3 days or more before planting.
- Make Beds: The height of the bed should be 20cm – 30cm. Beds should not be made higher because cucumber does not grow too deeply into the soil. The width should be 1.0cm. The spacing between the beds should be 0.5 – 1m.
- Include drip irrigation systems: It is highly recommended to install drip irrigation systems especially if you are planting during the dry season. There may not be a need for irrigation systems during the rainy seasons. Either way, have it in mind that cucumber requires enough water on a daily basis.
- Cover the beds with mulching films: Mulching is done to suppress weeds and conserve water in cucumber production. Holes are open on it where crops grow through in. You must dispose of mulching films properly after usage. The distance between one hole and the other is about 40 – 50cm.