Paraeforce is a non-selective pre-planting herbicide that is highly reputable as a very important agricultural product used by crop farmers. The herbicide is very effective in the control of stubborn, annual and perennial grasses and broad-leaved weeds including Imperata cylendrica, Setaria spp., Commelina benghalensis, Boerhavia hispida, Chenopodium spp. The product is recommended for application to a wide range of crops including tea, potato, cotton, grape, rubber, sugarcane, sunflower, rice, wheat, maize, apple, etc.
The offered product is formulated for agricultural use only. Below are some of the features of Paraeforce:
- Active Ingredient: paraquat dichloride (200 g paraquat)/L SL.
- Type: non-selective, pre-planting herbicide.
- Mode of Action: contact-photosynthesis inhibitor.
- Dose/acre: 500-1000 ml.
- Packaging: 1 L, 12 pieces per carton.
Importance of herbicides in crop production
Production of major crops has more than tripled since 1960, thanks in large part to pesticides (including herbicides). Without pesticides, more than half of our crops would be lost to pests and diseases.
Food crops on farms must compete with 30,000 species of weeds and this competition can be detrimental to the survival of the crops. This shows the pertinent need for specific chemicals that can deal with these pests while prolonging the life of crops and preventing post-harvest losses.
- Herbicides help farmers grow more food on less land by protecting crops from various species of weeds.
- Use of herbicides will serve to increase the productivity per hectare.
- They enable farmers to produce safe, quality foods at affordable prices.
- They also help farmers to provide an abundance of nutritious, all-year-round food which is necessary for human health.
Precautions to take!
- Application and timing are important to maximize the effectiveness of herbicides and to reduce the impact on non-target crops.
- Numerous pesticides are registered for use by crop farmers and it should be noted that a herbicide cannot be legally used for any purpose other than the purpose shown on the approved label.
- Specific safety precautions should also be taken particularly when transporting, mixing and applying herbicides.
There are no reviews yet.