Treated Giant hybrid plantain sucker is an Improved hybrid variety of plantain suckers named “Agbagba” (Giant Elephant). Plantain suckers are high yielding plants and disease resistant to bacteria, viruses, nematode and fungal affecting banana and plantain plantations.
Feature of Treated Giant hybrid plantain (Cameroon & Elephant) sucker
1. It is resistant to most diseases caused by bacteria, viruses, nematode and fungal, which typically affects many banana and plantain plantations.
2. It has a high rate of maturity with high yielding plants, assuring a well-synchronized bumper harvest fruiting.
3. Usually, a spacing of at least 2m by 3m is recommended. Also, the corm of suckers must be at least 40cm inside the soil during planting.
4. The fruits are typically green to brown-yellow, and quite larger than an average plantain.
5. They are wind resistant. 6. 6. When transplanting, rows should be straight in flat fields to give plants the maximum amount of sunlight. However, on sloping land, rows should follow the contour lines to decrease soil erosion.
1. They’re a rich source of fibre, vitamins A, C, and B-6, and the minerals magnesium and potassium
2. They help with digestion and weight management.
3. As they contain a high healthy content of antioxidants, they help protect the body against free radical damage that’s associated with ageing, ageing disease, and even some types of cancer.
4. They help support the immune system.
5. Help in lowering blood pressure and diabetes control.
6. They are disease resistant with good production capacity.
Place your order for your Treated Hybrid Plantain Suckers today, we deliver nationwide.