Platinum F1 is one of the highest yielding hybrid tomato seeds in Nigeria and other tropical areas. The product is manufactured by East-West Seeds, one of the most popular seed companies in the world.
- Platinum F1 tomato variety has strong vigour and can resist a lot of diseases prevalent in tropical lowland and places with high humidity.
- Fruits are oval and firm. Excellent performance in tropical lowland and rainy season due to good fruit cracking tolerance.
- It can also perform well in the dry season.
Platinum F1: Product characteristics
- Platinum F1 tomato variety has a strong vigour and can withstand a lot of stress during the growing season. It is a very rugged tomato variety.
- It has a fast-growing habit. The first harvest from this variety can be as early as 60-70 days.
- The tomato fruit from this variety is medium in size and well accepted in the Nigerian market especially during the lean season.
- Platinum F1 tomato variety can set good fruits in very hot conditions. The heat set characteristic of this variety is good.
- This variety is tolerant and resistant to bacterial wilt, a disease that is prevalent in Nigeria especially the southern part of the country.
- It is resistant to tomato yellow leaf curl viral disease and other viral diseases prevalent in the dry season in Nigeria.
- This variety can grow well in humid conditions, thereby suitable for cultivation in southern Nigeria where farmers dread to grow tomatoes.
- This tomato variety has oval shape fruits.
Platinum F1 tomato seed needs a lot of water and nutrients. We strongly advise that a drip irrigation system is put in place before you start cultivating this variety in order for you to have a good yield.
With drip irrigation installed, you can use water efficiently and apply fertilizers, nematicides, and other pesticides efficiently.