Platinum F1 tomato seed is a hybrid cultivar of tomato that is most suitable for cultivation in tropical lowlands. It displays strong vigor and wide adaptability to different growing conditions.
Fruits are high round, firm and medium-sized. Its excellent disease resistance package and heat are the reasons why this hybrid has become very popular.
Features of Platinum F1 Tomato seeds
- Variety: Platinum F1
- Maturity days: 60-70 days after transplanting
- Features: recommended for tropical low land conditions and good cracking resistance.
- Plant vigour: strong
- Shape: oblong round
- Fruit firmness: firm
- Fruit weight (gram): 70-80
- High resistance: ToMV, Vd
- Immediate Resistance: BW, TYLCV
Advantages Of Hybrid Seeds
There are numerous advantages to using hybrid seeds in your garden:
Hybrid seeds grow alike
- Since all hybrid seeds in a packet have the same parent plants, they all have the same genes. This means that they will all grow into similar (some would say uniform) plants.
Hybrid seeds are easier and faster to grow
- For many reasons, hybrid seeds are often easier and faster to grow than heirloom seeds. For one thing, many hybrid plant varieties have been bred for disease resistance. This means that plants grown from hybrid seeds are less likely to fall victim to bacterial, viral, or fungal infections that can slow their growth, reduce their yield, or kill them.
Hybrid seeds are more vigorous, give higher yields, and store well
- Hybrid seeds have been bred for vigor, meaning that some have resistance to disease, drought, or other environmental challenges. Often, hybrid seeds are also bred to produce larger fruit and bigger yields, which can provide the same harvest with fewer plants grown in a smaller area. This requires less work for farmers and gardeners. Fewer plants make it easier to sow seeds, care for plants, and harvest fruits and vegetables.