We offer Rolax which is a systemic (and contact) agricultural fungicide used mainly to control the black pod disease (Phytophthora sp.) on cocoa. The product is a multi-purpose, protective, contact, and residual fungicide for effective disease control and protection of field crops, fruits, and vegetables. In addition to the excellent fungicidal effect of our premium product, it can also be bactericidal.
- The active ingredient in Rolax is copper (1) oxide 60% and metalaxyl 12% WP.
A fungicide is an agent that destroys or inhibits the growth of fungi.
Science has proven beyond doubt that plants and animals are living things. It is also a fact that plants have disease pathogens, as animals do. Diseases of plants are either caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, nematodes, etc. It has also been shown that although plant diseases are caused by numerous kinds of pathogens, most of them are caused by fungal infections. Consequently, one of the most available and most effective ways of controlling plant diseases is by using appropriate fungicides.
To farmers, fungal infections on crops especially vegetables like tomato, cucumbers, pepper, etc. can be very devastating and there is a need to eradicate them effectively. Fungicides can be of many kinds and they are listed below:
- Category A: These set contains mainly of mancozeb and/or metalaxyl as active ingredients. They are mainly used in controlling diseases like early blight, powdery mildew, etc.
- Category B: These are very sensitive fungicides as they control serious bacteria and fungal diseases. They are made of copper oxide which can be present in different proportions. They are applied at a very early stage of plants. They control late blight, bacterial specs, bacterial wilt, etc.
- Category C: They are usually the most expensive and most efficient. They control very serious fungal and bacterial diseases. They can also work for diseases listed in categories A and B. They help in the control of special diseases like anthracnose, septoria leaf spot, fusarium wilt, etc.
Rolax Users Recommendation
- Dissolve one sachet in 15litres of your knapsack sprayer.
- Agitate (shake thoroughly) the mixture for the best result.
- The first application should be done at the onset of the rainy season.
- The re-entry period is 48hrs after application.
Rolax Spray Interval
- Repeat treatment at an interval of 21-28 days during the rainy period.
- Observe a minimum of 30days pre-harvest interval.
Precautions to take!!!
- Application and timing are important to maximize the effectiveness of fungicides. Adhere strictly to the label and comply with the appropriate timing and application method.
- Numerous pesticides are registered for use by crop farmers and it should be noted that a fungicide cannot be legally used for any purpose other than the purpose shown on the approved label.
- Specific safety precautions should also be taken particularly when transporting, mixing, and applying fungicides.