Thema is a premium variety of carrot produced by East West Seed Company Limited. This variety is very easy to grow and will bear big, sweet fruits.
- Thema has excellent resistance to Alternaria and to other diseases. It is extremely productive, with good tops and storage.
- It is ideal for dicing when harvested. When mature, the offered variety has an exterior deep orange colour. It is large and has a rounded tip.
- Ensure that these seeds are planted in loose sandy soil, preferably during the colder growing season.
Carrots: Ideal planting site
Carrots require a site that receives maximum sunshine, but they can also withstand partial shade.
As discussed above, the soil must be loose, sandy or loamy, and airy so that the carrot roots can easily pass down into the soil.
Thema: Planting guide
- Gently mulch around the carrot stem to maintain moisture, speed up germination, and keep the heat from touching the roots directly.
- When the seedlings are an inch tall, ensure they are 3 or 4 inches apart. Snip the tops with the scissors instead of dragging them out to avoid destroying the delicate roots of the remaining plants.
- Water at least one inch per week at the start, then two inches as roots mature.
- Weed with scrutiny, however, be vigilant not to disturb the roots of young carrots while doing so.
- Fertilize with a little NPK fertilizer for 5 to 6 weeks after sowing.
There are no reviews yet.