Zeropest GA Biological Control
Zeropest GA Biological Control is a broad-spectrum biological control for insects. It contains Karanjin, a furanoflavonol, a type of flavonoid. Karanjin is obtained from the seeds of the Karanja tree, a tree growing wild in South India. Karanjin is an acaricide and insecticide. It has nitrification inhibitory properties.
ZEROPEST GA is a perfect alternative to chemical pesticides and can be used on all crops. It is completely safe for non-target organisms like beneficial predators, honey bees, pollinators, birds, cattle, and human beings. Karanja seed kernel extract has been used by farmers worldwide for centuries for protecting crops against pests. It is an insect growth regulator, i.e. malformed adults emerge which eventually suffer mortality without damaging the crop.
- Mode of application: Spray
- Active ingredient: Karanjin 2500 PPM, Solvent n Butanol– 15%, Emulsifier – 5%.
- Packaging: 1-liter bottle
Mode of Action
- Karanja Oil is the major active ingredient which makes it a perfect alternative to chemical pesticides. The oil is a famous natural antifeedant, growth regulator, and ovipositional repellent for insects.
- It exhibits various behavioral responses such as antifeedant, feeding deterrent, repellent, oviposition deterrent, etc. It also exhibits physiological responses such as insect growth regulator, molting inhibitor, reproduction inhibitor, antifertility, etc.
- Zeropest GA reduces the level of the insect hormone ecdysone. This results in a disruption of the insect’s molting process so that the immature larvae cannot develop into adults.
- After treatment with Karanja-based pesticides, you may see insects with crippled, distorted wings. Or the immature larvae and nymphs remain in an immature stage and then die. The insect larvae which come in direct contact with the spray are killed.