Sweet Pepper Yolo Wonder is a very disease-resistant variety of bell pepper that is related to the famous Bell Pepper variety California Wonder. The 2ft compact plants with dense foliage produce an abundance of sweet and crunchy, emerald-colored thick-walled bell peppers that mature to a beautiful scarlet red. It is Tolerant to tobacco-mosaic. 70-75 days.
Peppers are low in calories and are loaded with good nutrition. All varieties are excellent sources of vitamins A and C, potassium, folic acid, and fiber. Plus, the spicy ones liven up bland food, making it more satisfying
- Days to Germination: 10-21
- Optimum Soil Temp. for Germination: 65 to 70F
- Days To Harvest: 70-75 days
- Planting Depth: 1/8 inch
- Spacing, Seed: 1 inch
- Spacing, Plant: 15-20 inches
- Light: Full Sun, Warm location, Greenhouse, Conservatory
Steps to take in planting Sweet Pepper Yolo Wonder
- Sow seeds 1/4″ deep in 3in pots with quality seed compost. Keep moist.
- Seedlings emerge in 10-21 days at 65-70degrees F.
- Transplant to individual containers when seedlings have at least two pairs of leaves.
- When 4-5 inches plant 15-20″ apart in greenhouse/conservatory with root ball 1/2″ below the soil surface.
- Keep moist and feed when flowering with tomato-type fertilizer.
- Harvest when fruits have reached full size and full color.
There are no reviews yet.