Cucumber Poinsett 100g is a variety of cucumber that can be cultivated at any time outdoor with a Maturity of 50 – 55days, fruit is light green length 15 -16cm.
Poinsett cucumbers are straight, dark green, non-bitter, and delightfully crisp cucumbers. They are 7 – 8” long and 2 – 2½” in diameter. With the market dominated by hybrids.
Poinsett is one of the best open-pollinated, standard slicing cucumbers with 70 days harvest period. It is an impressive overall vigor, productivity, and disease resistance. Resistant to many common diseases that plague cucumber plants, including powdery & downy mildew, angular leaf spot, and scab.
Poinsett is a mid to early slicing variety that produces crisp and delicious cucumbers that are 6 to 7 in. long. Very good yields and highly reliable. Resistant to Leaf Spot, Anthracnose, Scab, Downy Mildew, and Powdery Mildew.
Cucumber cultivation: Useful tips
The most suitable soil type for growing cucumber is sandy loamy or sandy soils, because of faster absorption of heat than other soil types. The steps involved in planting cumber include:
- Clear and plough: Clear and plough the farmland where you intend to farm cucumber. Remove all unwanted things on the farmland. The land should not contain trees or shrubs. Note that cucumber needs sunshine to grow very well, therefore they should be appropriately exposed to sunlight.
- Application of organic manure: This is commonly done before making beds. You can apply pig, cow, or poultry droppings and allow for 3 days or more before planting.
- Make Beds: The height of the bed should be 20cm – 30cm. Beds should not be made higher because cucumber does not grow too deeply into the soil. The width should be 1.0cm. The spacing between the beds should be 0.5 – 1m.
- Include drip irrigation systems: It is highly recommended to install drip irrigation systems especially if you are planting during the dry season. There may not be a need for irrigation systems during the rainy seasons. Either way, have it in mind that cucumber requires enough water on a daily basis.
- Cover the beds with mulching films: Mulching is done to suppress weeds and conserve water in cucumber production. Holes are open on it where crops grow through in. You must dispose of mulching films properly after usage. The distance between one hole and the other is about 40 – 50cm.Place your order for your Cucumber Poinsett today, we deliver nationwide