Kale 1000 Headed
Kale 1000 Headed is a treated seed variety manufactured by Dizengoff and it is a trusted variety renowned for its winter hardiness.
- It combines a clear stem with leafy top growth, making the plant distinctively better than the common ones on market.
- This product is particularly ideal where second-year crops are required.
- It is a form of cabbage that does not have the tightly formed head associated with most cabbages.
Kale: Seed rates
- A tall long picking period succulent kale.
- Vigorous plants with many side branches
- Very leafy product with continuous picking
- Maturity 60 days from planting
- Indeterminate, very hardy product with the ability to recover easily
- Yield potential 8 tonnes per acre
- Very good heat tolerance
- Light green coloured leaf
Planting kale plant
- It is easy to grow either through direct planting in the garden soil or indoor planting.
- The plant is commonly planted from nursery starts.
- It grows well in raised garden beds and containers, especially if you’re short on garden space.
- It can be grown as a cut-and-grow-again vegetable, meaning you harvest what you need while the plant continues to grow.
- This means you will need only a few kale plants, depending on how often and how much you’d like to harvest.
- Because this plant is grown for its leaves and not its flowers, it can handle full sun or part shade.
There are no reviews yet.