Long Purple Eggplant Seeds
The offered product is a 25g pack of long purple eggplant seeds by royalseeds. Long Purple is an Italian-type eggplant that bears slender, purple fruit measuring 2 1/2” x 12” on upright plants. This variety produces very good yields. It will typically produce more than 4 fruits of 9″ size with harvest beginning in 70 to 80 days.
- Heirloom, Open Pollinated
Tall and upright plant with slender oblong fruits
Days to Maturity: 70 – 85 days from transplanting
Yield potential 6-8 fruits per plant
- Good quality fruits with a good market demand
- The long purple eggplant has an excellent flavor
- Plant Dimensions: 24″–36″ tall, 24″ wide
- Variety Information: 8″–10″ long, 2″ wide; cylindrical, but slightly wider at the bottom end, with smooth, glossy purple skin, and creamy interior.
- Good for Containers
Benefits of Eggplants
- Eggplants are packed with nutrients. They contain a good amount of vitamins, minerals, and fiber in a few calories. This can reduce your carb and calorie intake, all while increasing the fiber and nutrient content of your meal.
- In addition to containing a variety of vitamins and minerals, eggplants boast a high number of antioxidants.
- Eggplant is incredibly versatile and can be easily incorporated into your diet. It can be baked, roasted, grilled, or sautéed and enjoyed with a drizzle of olive oil and a quick dash of seasoning.
- It can also be used as a low-calorie replacement for many high-calorie ingredients.
- Eggplants also improve health – can help in digestion, improve heart health, prevent cancer and diabetes, improve bone health, prevent anemia, increases brain function, etc.