Maridadi F1 Watermelon Seeds
Maridadi Fl is a hybrid seed of watermelon from Dizengoff (Nigeria). These hybrid seeds are fast yielding and they cost less compared to other hybrid seeds. This gives an advantage to watermelon farmers to save costs and increase yield.
Maridadi F1 Watermelon Seeds: Product features
- Relatively early maturing,
- High marketable fruit yield,
- Well established hybrid in the East African region
- SHAPE: Oval to oblong
- RIND: Dark green stripes
- WEIGHT(KG): 8 – 10
- FLESH: Excellent, sweet taste
Plant population and spacing
- A generally adopted spacing of between 4,000 to 8,000 plants per hectare is recommended.
- Optimum germination temperature: 27-32°C, with night temperature not lower than 24°C.
- Optimum growth temperatures at night are 18-20°C, and on day 24-30°C, and for ripening 15- 25°C. 2.2
Transplanting watermelon seeds
- The seeds must be transplanted and watered immediately after they have been obtained from the nursery.
- Planting trays should be kept cool and moist in the shade until used.
- When transplanting, ensure that the roots are not damaged by the application of unnecessary pressure around the root module.
Watermelon is reasonably sensitive to salt, displaying a 50% yield reduction in the range of EC 4-6 (mhos/cm at 25 C). Consult Farmsquare or a fertilizer or soil specialist on other remedies needed in terms of a soil sample result.
They include; Aphids, Cucumber Beetles. Squash Vine Borer Moths and Fusarium Wilt. Although some of these diseases can be treated early through close monitoring of the farm with agrochemicals recommended for watermelon production.
Place your order today, we deliver nationwide.