Murano 2 F1 cucumber is a hybrid variety of slicing cucumber. It grows well under tropical conditions. This variety of cucumber grows very tall up to 8 feet if well maintained and cared for. The fruits of Murano F1 cucumber are long, big and cylindrical in shape. This variety has a very high yield compared to the open-pollinated varieties. It can also make your cucumber farming venture a highly lucrative one.
Features of Murano 2 F1 Cucumber (50g)
- Murano F1 cucumber plants are very vigorous in their growth pattern. This variety grows very tall with broad leaves. The broad leaves make this variety very efficient in the use of sunlight and photosynthesis.
- Very large leaf covers
- Crawling plant structure, this variety will do well if staked.
- The length of Murano F1 cucumber fruit is between 22cm – 26cm
- The weight of the fruit of this variety can be up to 700 grams
- The diameter of the fruit is 5 – 6 cm
- The fruits are dark green. In some parts of Nigeria, people prefer the dark green type of cucumber fruits.
- Fewer seeds in the fruits
- Maturity time of 39-45 days
- Tolerance of downy mildew infection
- Tolerance to powdery mildew infection
- Tolerance to cucumber mosaic virus
Planting Process of Cucumber seed
- Sow cucumbers from mid-spring into small pots of seed starting or general-purpose potting mix.
- Sow two seeds about an inch (3cm) deep, then water well.
- Cucumbers need temperatures of at least 68ºF (20ºC) to germinate, so either place pots in a propagator for speedier germination, or simply wait until late spring to get started.
- Cucumber seed prefers rich, fertile soil, so dig in plenty of well-rotted organic matter such as compost before planting.
- If you’re growing your cucumbers upwards using supports such as trellis, set plants at about 18 inches (45cm) apart.
- If you’ll be leaving them to sprawl over the soil surface instead, plant them about three feet (90cm) apart.
- Once the seedlings appear, remove the weakest to leave one per pot
Benefits of Murano 2 F1 Cucumber
- Promotes hydration: About 95% of the weight of cucumbers is made up of water.
- Cucumbers help you stay hydrated, which is crucial for skin health, stamina, and eliminating waste products from your body.
- Aids weight loss: Cucumbers are low in calories and rich in fibre, helping you feel full for longer.
- Antioxidant-rich: Cucumbers are rich in antioxidants including flavonoids.
- Cucumber helps to destroy cancerous tumour cells. Cucurbitacin, a substance in the cucumber, always stops cancer cells from growing
- Cucumber seed and fruit are rich sources of fibre. And fibre helps to control cholesterol levels and prevent cardiovascular diseases.