Oba-98 (Hybrid White Maize)
Oba-98 (Hybrid White Maize) seed from Premier Seeds Company, a member of the Seed Association of Nigeria (SEEDAN).
- Maize is one of the largest cereal crops in Nigeria cultivated on an area of over 1 million hectares.
- Premier Seeds Hybrids have played a significant role in improving the productivity of Nigerian Corn farmers through their investment in research and development.
- Premier Seeds offers an extensive portfolio of hybrids for selection to meet the local customer needs with a continued focus on helping farmers harvest more.
Oba-98 Hybrid White Maize: Product characteristics
- Variety: Oba-98 (Hybrid White Maize)
- High yielding hybrid suitable for rainfed conditions
- Yield potential: 6-8 Tons / Hectare
- Colour: QPM White
Hybrid type: Top Cross
Grain colour/type: White, flint dent
Adaptation: Forest and Savanna
Days to maturity: 105 days
Resistance to lodging: Very Good
Plant Height (cm): 190
Ear Height (cm): 110
Resistance to rust/blight/streak: Resistant
Yield (Ton/Ha.): 6.0 – 8.0
Special characteristics: Prolific with heavy long cobs
Grain quality: Higher nutrient (QPM)
How to plant
- It is packaged in 2kg. Plant 1 seed per hole at a spacing of 25cm within the ridge and 75cm between ridges.
- Apply NPK 15:15:15 fertilizer at the rate of 8 bags per hectare 2 weeks after planting by burying it 3cm deep and 5-7cm away from the plant.
- Weed the farm at the early stage of a weed emergency and ensure that the farm is always weed-free.
- Apply urea at the rate of 3 bags per hectare 4-6 weeks after planting.