Padma F1 is a determinate tomato hybrid variety with good adaptation to warm and humid growing conditions. It is suitable for both fresh and processing use.
- Plant vigor is moderate to strong.
- The fruits are somewhat high round in shape with good firmness and nice red color when fully mature.
- It has an excellent performance in the tropical lowland rainy season.
Padma F1: Product characteristics
- Origin: Thailand
- Variety: Padma F1
- Maturity days: 60 to 65 days.
- Plant vigor: Moderate
- Shape: High round
- Firmness: Firm
- Seed pack: 5gram pack.
- Resistance: Hr: ToMV, Fol 2, Vd, Ir: BW.
- Potential yield: 75 tonnes per hectare with good agronomic practices (GAP).
Growing tomato seeds
- Sprinkle the seed thinly onto good quality seed compost. Cover with 1.5mm of compost and water lightly with a watering can.
- Sow two seeds into a 7.5cm pot. Keep the compost moist but be careful not to overwater as wet conditions can encourage “damping-off” disease and other mold problems.
- After germination, remove the smaller plant.
- Pot-on the tomato seedlings as soon as they are big enough to handle. Hold the plants by the leaves.
- Taking care not to touch the stems, transplant them into 7.5cm pots. Protect the plant from frost, cold winds, droughts, etc.
- If you want to grow them outside, plant tomatoes about 45cm apart leaving 75cm between the rows