Ranger F1 is an open field hybrid tomato variety adaptable to most growing areas with an excellent taste. It is a highly productive cultivar that produces square elongated firm fruits that are ideal for all domestic African and export markets.
Ranger F1 Fruit Qualities
- Produces firm elongated fruits averaging 110 – 120g
- Uniform green fruits turn deep red color after full maturity
- Fruit shelve life of over 21 days when harvested at the mature green stage
- Fruit harvesting starts at 65 to 70 days after transplanting
- The weight is 300 seeds/gram, so 50g will be required per acre
- Very vigorous plant with good cover producing high-quality fruit and good transporting ability
- Tolerant to Tomato yellow leaf curl virus
- The fruits are very resistive to Bacterial wilt, Nematodes, ToMv, and stemphylium
- Yield potential is 30 – 33/Tons per hectare under good agronomic practice
Planting Requirements for Ranger F1 Tomato seed
- Ensure proper nursery practices. For instance, ventilation, water availability, and fertilizer application are important because they play active roles in maximizing nursery output.
- The field should be well-drained soil and sunlight must be adequate.
- Tomato will thrive well on soil with a slightly acidic ph (6.2 to 6.8).
- Prune Ranger F1 adequately (because it is determinate). This will help increase harvestable yield.
Harvesting and Marketing
- Ranger F1 hybrid seeds will be ready for harvest within 65 to 70 days after planting.
- Harvest the fruits by twisting them around the stem
- Harvest the fruits carefully and store them in baskets
- keep the fruits under cool and shady temperature
- The entire plantation does not mature at once. As a result, harvest at an interval of 4 days.
- Tomato has a shelf life of 21 days after harvest.