Tomato Chibli is a medium early determinate hybrid with medium-sized, blocky-round fruits for fresh market, hawker trade, and processing use. Tomato Chibli seeds develop very vigorous plants with good cover and produce high yields of early quality fruits with good shipping ability. Chibli is mostly grown flat as a bush culture for the fresh market but is also used by processors for paste.
The seed producer of this hybrid is the Syngenta company, known all over the world. Low-growing (determinant) hybrid of a tomato of average ripening. From planting seedlings to the beginning of fruiting takes 70 – 80 days. The bush is powerful, but compact in habit, standard type, well leafy. During the season grows to 60 – 80cm.
Fruits are fleshy, rectangular-rounded, without pronounced ribbing. The skin is thin but strong and elastic with high resistance to mechanical damage. The tomatoes have a beautiful bright red colour with brilliance. The average weight of fruits in a season is 100 – 120g. Chibli fruits are dense, but the flesh is juicy, aromatic, with a rich tomato flavour.
Features of Tomato Chibli Seeds
- Earliness: Medium early
- Maturity: 120 days from sowing
- Plant: Very vigorous
- High yielding
- Fruit: Blocky-round
- Non-green back
- Brix: 5.5 to 6.0%
- Average Fruit weight: 110 grams
- Disease Resistances: Verticillium (VaVd), Fusarium (Fol 0-1), Nematodes, (M. incognita/++)
- Medium early determinate.
- hybrid for growing flat as a bush culture for the fresh market and paste-processing.
- Can be harvested over a long period as the plant covers the firm fruits well.
- Recommended because of its exceptionally high yields and nematodes resistance.