The Watermelon Koloss F1 is a new watermelon hybrid, it matures in 85 days, It has a very good fruit setting and a good vigor. It is suitable for tropical areas especially. Koloss provides a regular and high yield to growers. The variety gets a better adaptation than Kaolack, especially during the rainy season.
• Round shape, slightly elongated
• Light green with dark green stripes
• Average weight: 10 to 12 kg
• Good storage qualities
• Dark red
• Juicy, fine and crunchy
• High sugar content
• 85 days
Plant population and spacing
- A generally adopted spacing of between 4,000 to 8,000 plants per hectare is recommended.
- Optimum germination temperature: 27-32°C, with night temperature not lower than 24°C.
- Optimum growth temperatures at night are 18-20°C, and day 24-30°C, and for ripening 15- 25°C. 2.2
Transplanting watermelon seeds
- The seeds must be transplanted and watered immediately after they have been obtained from the nursery.
- Planting trays should be kept cool and moist in the shade until used.
- When transplanting, ensure that the roots are not be damaged by the application of unnecessary pressure around the root module.
Place your order for Watermelon Koloss F1 today, we deliver nationwide