Seed Co Maize Seeds
This Seed Co product is a late maturity maize hybrid seed with many desirable characteristics for profitable and bountiful production.
- It is packaged in 2kg bags.
- This variety is embedded with Vitamin A.
- It can tolerate crowding and high population, this can lead to increased yield.
- It can also do well in the southern rain forest in Nigeria and the southern and northern guinea savannah.
Seed Co Maize Seeds: Product characteristics
- High grain yield, tolerant to Maize Streak Virus and grey leaf spot.
- Early maturing variety (90 days).
- Pro Vit A variety
- Short crop plant allowing increased population for higher yield
- Widely adapted and resistant to most lowland disease
- Suited to Northern and Southern Guinea savannah
- Short crop variety
- Resistance to Gray Leaf Spot Maize Streak Viruses (MSV) and Mottle Viruses.
- Outstanding tolerance to Northern Corn Leaf Spot and Phaeosphaerial Leaf Spot disease.
- Excellent resistance to both stalk and root lodging.
- Yellow Maize Hybrid, 5-6 Tons/ha yield potential
Health Benefits of Maize
- The high amount of fibre present in corn helps lower cholesterol levels and also reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- Corn, if consumed in moderate quantities, has been seen to be beneficial for those suffering from diabetes.
- Being rich in folate, corn helps the generation of new cells, especially important before and during pregnancy.
- Those suffering from anaemia have shown positive effects after consuming corn.
- The pantothenic acid present in corn helps the physiological functions of the body.
- Owing to the presence of thiamin, corn has been said to help in the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Corn has been found to be helpful in treating kidney problems, including renal dysfunction.
- Regular consumption of corn, in moderate quantities, has been associated with better cardiovascular health.
- The beta-cryptoxanthin in corn makes it good for the health of the lungs cryptoxanthin and may even help prevent lung cancer.
- The insoluble fibre in corn makes it good for those suffering from common digestive ailments, like constipation and haemorrhoids.