When heat lamps are used for brooding, heat travels to the sow (and a warm zone for piglets) as well as the chicks in the brooding area. It is, however, important to restrain and discourage the sow from getting unrestricted access to the resting piglets as this reduces chances of crushing or laid-ons. Thus, restraining the sow during the farrowing period informs the need for the farrowing crate (click here). For poultry, this lamp works well with the brooder guards.
Heat placement for young livestock.
Heat is a critical component for getting animals started quickly and maintaining optimal health. During farrowing, nursery, and wean-to-finish, as well as brooding, a micro-environment needs to be maintained within the pen to ensure juveniles are protected from chilling-which could result in mortalities and reduced performance.
- Top-down heat: Radiant heat from above the animals provides a zone of comfort for animals to go to the feeder/drinker then return under the heat source in the resting area.
- Bottom-up heat: Heat rises, so having heat under the juvenile animals tend to be more practical and economical as heat is not lost. This works well for farrowing and nursery animals.
- Features strong, safe and protective wire-guard, protected power cord and sturdy metal hanging chains.
- Uses standard infrared (heat) bulbs and clear bulbs, thus it saves electric energy cost, thereby reducing production costs and complying with environmental sustainability requirements.
- Regular light/heat supply for juvenile livestock to keep warm as well as feed.
- It is very reliable with little maintenance required.
- Improves animal comfort and performance
- 6000 hours of continuous working time.
- 100% infrared heating source with 96% heat radiation conversion rate
- Dense steam aluminum reflective layer (it completely reflects infrared heating source to surfaces).
- Hard quartz glass bulb, with good thermal stability.
- Glass is resistant to breakage or explosion even when sprayed at its most intense temperature with cold water.
- Made of flame retardant material,
- Features switch with adjustment
- Inner connection sheet is silver coated to avoid bulb damage caused by poor contact.
- Thickened and trumpet-shaped lampshade body.
- Made with glass reinforced plastic that is resistant to high temperatures.
- Wire-grill attachment keeps animals from damaging the bulb.
- Livestock: Poultry/Piglet/Goat/Sheep (Poultry House/coops, livestock pen, farrowing pen, pet houses)
- Vegetables: Flowers, greenhouse vegetables