One cannot deny the fact that smaller pieces of meat are easy to manage. To cut large chunks of meat into smaller pieces, one needs a tool that is generally known as band saw.
- Also called meat saw or bone saw, this equipment is designed with teeth that easily cut through meat and bone without getting clogged or causing bone splinters.
- A meat band saw is a must for almost every medium meat shop. This type of meat saw is efficient enough in doing all big jobs of cutting which are not at all possible with the normal hand knives.
- Meat band saws are easy to use and make your cutting job simple.
Some features of band saw
- They give clean-cut pieces of meat within a very short period of time.
- These saws are designed in such a way that they last for long and are able to rip any tough meat piece apart.
- This product works on a simple principle where the blade rotates with the support of a band.
- The product is designed with teeth that easily cut through meat and bone without getting clogged or causing bone splinters.
How to use
The way you cut a piece of meat determines a lot of things. Not only does it affects the appearance of the product but also alters the texture. The following tips will make the use of band saws easier:
- Speed controlling
Whenever you cut something, you need to control the speed of the cutting tool. It is essential to avoid creating unwanted shapes as well as for your safety.
The saw is adept in cutting through the meat, but forcing it may cause the band to dislodge from its position.
Do remember to control the speed of the cutter.
- Using backstops
The backstop on the machine is a permanent fixture on which you can align the meat while cutting.
You can depend on that guide to move the meat along as you operate the saw and it will create a more even cut.
For example, if you’re trying to trim a piece of steak, you can run it along the backstop and provide the width it needs.
Backstops also increase the level of safety.
- Sharpen the blades
If you want accuracy in your cuts, you require a sharp razor. A sharp blade is one of the most important things to consider while using band saws.
You may think of replacing the razor if you notice that it is losing its sharpness.
Once you use the band saw meat cutters for a while, you will understand and predict precisely when the blade is running out of strength.