We offer castrator which is one of the burdizzo castrator’s veterinary instruments. The offered product is one of the most commonly used burdizzo tools for animal castration.
- They are commonly used to bloodlessly destroy the male spermatic cord without breaking through the skin.
- The safest, quickest, and cleanest way to castrate all ages of farm stock.
- There is an option of buying rubber rings along with the product for seamless castration.
Castrator: Product features
- Made of high-quality stainless steel, sturdy, durable, and rust-resistant.
- It also comes with castration rubber rings/bands for easier castration for animals.
- Ensures bloodless castration.
- Product size: 8.26″L x 4.33″W (21 x 11cm)
- Product weight: 0.35 lbs
Why castrating an animal?
- To stop the production of androgens and semen.
- It is more beneficial for you to manage your cattle after castration as it reduces aggressiveness.
- To strengthen farm safety for producers and employees.
- It can also improve the meat quality of the castrated animals (e.g. boar taint in pork).
- To prevent heredity or transfer of undesirable traits.
- To reduce promiscuous mating among animals.
- For birth control.
How do you castrate?
- Choose and use the appropriate size of castrators according to the size of the animal.
- Locate the spermatic cord. It enters the animal’s body from the testicles. It is about the size of a pencil and easily moves from one side to the other on palpation.
- Correctly position the castrator for crushing. Crush with the castrator for about 5 minutes.
- Release the castrator, move it to a new site 1 to 2cm below the first site, and repeat the same operation.
- Note that the non-crushed space maintains the irrigation and prevents from gangrene.
- Execute these operations on the testicular (or spermatic) cord of the second testis.
- Never try to crush simultaneously both testicular cords. This may be ineffective and may damage the castrator.
- Check the animals after four to six weeks to ensure testicular atrophy.
- Castration should be done under the supervision of experienced operators.
- Please immobilize the animals before using this tool on them.