The TDS-3 meter is a handheld digital water quality tester comes with a carrying case, features a rugged design and build. It is an ideal tool that can be used for applications ranging from water purification to hydroponics to industrial wastewater treatment. It is indicated in the measurement of the total dissolved solids in water.
Dissolved ionized solids (salts and minerals) increase the electrical conductivity of solutions. As it is a volume measure of ionized solids, EC can be used to estimate TDS. Dissolved organic solids, such as sugar, and microscopic solid particles, such as colloids, do not significantly affect the conductivity of a solution thus are not taken into account.
- Hold Function
- Auto-off Function (After 10 min.)
- Built-in digital thermometer
- Includes a carrying case with belt clip
- Factory calibrated with a 342 ppm NaCl solution. (Meter can be recalibrated with a mini-screwdriver).
Applications of the TDS-3 meter
- Aquaculture and aquarium: A constant level of minerals is necessary for aquatic life. The water in an aquarium or tank should have the same levels of TDS and pH as the fish and reef’s original habitat.
- Hydroponics: (TDS is the best measurement of the nutrient concentration in a hydroponic solution.)
- Window Cleaning / Carwash: TDS levels must be monitored to prevent maintenance problems.
- Industrial: High TDS levels could impede the functions of certain applications, such as boilers and cooling towers, food and water production, and more.
- Food & Beverage: For a truly great cup of coffee, proper TDS levels must be maintained.
- Water Treatment: Hardness (and Water Softeners) – High TDS indicates Hard water, which causes scale buildup in pipes and valves, inhibiting performance.
- Colloidal silver water: TDS levels must be controlled prior to making colloidal silver.
- Taste/Health: (High TDS results in undesirable taste which could be salty, bitter, or metallic. It could also indicate the presence of toxic minerals. The EPA’s recommended maximum level of TDS in water is 500mg/L (500ppm).)
- Filter performance: Test your water to make sure the reverse osmosis or other types of water filter or water purification system has a high rejection rate and know when to change your filter (or membrane) cartridges.
- TDS Range: 0 – 9990 ppm (mg/L)
- Temp. Range: 0 – 80°C
- Resolution: 0-999: 1 ppm; 1000-9990: 10 ppm
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1°C
- Accuracy: ±2% / Temp. ±1°C
- EC-to-TDS Conversion Factor: NaCl (avg. 0.5)
- ATC: Built-in sensor for Automatic Temperature Compensation of 1 to 50°C (33~122°F)
- Power source: 2 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included) (LR44 or equivalent)
- Battery life: 1000 hours of usage
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 3.1 x 2.3cm (6.1 x 1.25 x 1 inches)