Electric scalding machine
This stainless steel electric scalding machine is indicated for use in conjunction with the defeathering (feather plucking) machine for the removal of feathers from poultry birds (broilers, old layers, cockerels, turkeys etc).
- Our electric scalder ensures the poultry carcass is appropriately hot-soiled and is ready for defeathering.
- This machine comes in imported and locally fabricated varieties.
Electric scalding machine: Features
- This electric scalding machine has an operational capacity for processing 5-10 birds per batch.
- Stainless steel material/casing for durability and longer service life.
- A twist-knob temperature setting console with user-friendly controls.
- Sensitive thermostat control switches with heater indicator lights (Heat On, Heat-Ready).
- 70 litres water-box capacity.
- High thermal mass capacity to scald 10kg batches of slaughtered poultry.
- The imported variety offers a comparably economical power option other than the use of gas.
- The locally fabricated variety is suitable for areas where power supply is a challenge.
- The machine is easy to clean and features fitted drains and outlets.
Points to note!
- Do not leave the bird in the scalder.
- Scald just long enough so feathers can be picked.
- Leaving birds in the water causes unnecessary drops in water temperature and damages the skin.
Directions for use
- Fill the scalder with water (fill to about half of the water box).
- Adjust the thermostat to “O” position, plugin, then switch on the machine.
- Reset the thermostat to the desired temperature (80 to 90 degrees).
- Once the water has been heated to the desired temperature (as displayed by the thermostat), immerse the slaughtered birds into the water box and agitate briefly.
- Once the wing feathers are easily pulled out, the scalding process is deemed completed.