Infrared Brooding Bulb
Heat is a critical component for getting animals started quickly and maintaining optimal health. The infrared brooding bulb provides radiant heat to keep juvenile livestock warm via the top-bottom heat effusion from the bulb. It is a valuable tool for the first few weeks of the life of livestock and delivers “top-down” heat intensity in relation to the distance from the floor area.
Heating lamp applications:
- Poultry house/coops
- Livestock Pen
- Farrowing pen
- Pet houses
Benefits of the Infrared Brooding Bulb
- Made with high-quality glass that is resistant to high temperatures.
- Uses standard infrared (heat) bulbs, thus saving electric energy costs, thereby reducing production costs and complying with environmental sustainability requirements.
- Regular light/heat supply for juvenile livestock to keep warm as well as feed.
- It is very reliable with little maintenance required.
- Improves animal comfort and performance.
- The red colour of this bulb helps deter chicks from picking at one another and also makes it easier for them to sleep.
Heat placement for young livestock
- During farrowing, nursery, and wean-to-finish, a micro-environment needs to be maintained within the pen to ensure that the young livestock is protected from chilling.
- Low pen temperatures can predispose to scours and other ailments thus giving rise to less healthy youngs.