Poultry transport crates
Indications for use of poultry transport crates
- It is made of high-density polyethylene material, thus durable to ensure the transport of adult poultry (chickens, ducks, and other similar sized birds).
- Its sturdy access door is used to add and remove poultry from the crate.
- It also features a slide-latch system to restrict the opening of the crates/escape of caged birds.
- An open grid design used to construct the bottom, sides, and top provide ventilation during transport.
Features & benefits of poultry transport crates
- Slide-snap-lock access design door. Top access door slides and latches easily.
- Crates can be comfortably stacked on each other
- High capacity handling and flexible transport of poultry to battery cages, markets, etc.
- After transport, birds can be manually removed via access doors. They can be washed and disinfected for another transport cycle.
- Its design allows more air to circulate, thus reducing stress-related damage to the birds.
- Special perforations at the base help prevent foot injuries during transport.
- The crate system offers complete handling solutions designed for efficiency, economy, and productivity.
The number of birds transported could vary according to location, climate, and size of crate or container. However, an approximate capacity of 20 – 25 adult birds per crate is recommended (this depends on the average size).