Pen Fogger For Poultry
Mechanism of action: Water is sprayed in the form of very fine mist, some of which evaporates by the time it reaches the pen floor, thus absorbing the heat in the atmosphere with a resultant cooling effect on birds and temperature balance in pen houses. The foggers are provided with filters and inbuilt shut-off valves to stop the dripping of water in between spraying intervals. The foggers can be opened, the filtering systems and other components cleaned before re-assembling/recoupling
The foggers utilize the mechanism of evaporative cooling (an effective way to reduce heat stress and ensure a drop in temperature). These features can mean the difference between mortality and livability. The foggers should be used with a high-pressure pump (1/2 to 3/4 horsepower pump), pipeline, fogger nozzles, and timer unit.
- Reduces temperature by 9° to 10° Fahrenheit.
- High-pressure plastic material
- Discharge 5 liters per hour/nozzle
- It has mist size: 10-15u | Working pressure: 500-600 psi/40-50 bar
- Broiler Open Sheds (Fig I): For a typical 30 feet width house, two fogger lines should be provided (40ft width houses 3 lines). Foggers can be fitted at 8 to 10 feet intervals. Position foggers in a downward position.
- Layer Sheds (Fig II: Cages): Foggers can be installed on cages at every 8 to 10 feet pointing in an upward direction. Foggers should be used with an extension pipe of one foot. The female adaptor should be provided with an inside taper so that the ‘O’ ring fits inside properly and no leakages occur.
- Install the fogger line above on the cages (3 lines for three rows). If the wind velocity is more than it should be reduced by putting gunny bags curtain at the edge of the shed.
- All the pipelines inside the shed should be 20 mm PVC 2.5 mm thick.
- Joints should be fixed with the help of PVC solvent cement very carefully.
- Pipes from the pump to each shed should be 1” (32mm).
- Do not use metal pins for cleaning clogged holes of fogger tips, instead wash the tips thoroughly with water or cleaning solution.
- If the orifice still remains clogged, clean it with a fine bristle brush.