Intensive Aquaculture (Farmers Guide)‖ is the 2020 updated version of ―Advanced Backyard Fish Farming‖.
- It is the 12th in the series of books produced by OAK Ventures, though the 6th on aquaculture (fish farming).
- The book is aimed at encouraging the act of farming fish (even at home) for both domestic and commercial purposes.
- It dwells on water re-use systems, water management, fish breeding techniques, production strategies, economic analysis, and fish health, among other issues treated.
- When effectively utilized, the downloaded pieces of information will help in developing sustainable (backyard) fish farming that should translate into food security, wealth, and job creation.
- The ideology that a vast piece of land is needed to start commercial-size fish farming is now obsolete. With modern aquaculture techniques, commercial-scale fish production can now be practiced within a limited space and almost anywhere.
- When effectively utilized, the information in this book will help in developing an aggressive backyard fish farming that should translate into wealth and job-creating business.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Introduction To Fish Farming
- Aquaculture systems
- Aquaculture water and its management
- Aquafeed and fish health
- Fish production and hatchery management
- Stock management
- Effluent management in intensive aquaculture
- Production analysis and sales strategies
- Health management
Please discover some of the “golden eggs” hidden within the text as you read along.
It is available in hardcopy, get your copy today. It is also available in an eBook, which is easy to read. It is in PDF and is downloadable from your email inbox. You can read it on your computer or iPad or phone. You can also print it out to read.
E-book Product Details
- File Size: 3.6 MB
- Type: PDF
- Print Length: 301 pages
- Publication Date: 2019
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-978-51961-8-4
- Dr. Yinka Akintomide (Veterinarian), OAK Ventures, Ibadan, Oyo State. He has first & Master’s degrees in Veterinary Medicine at, University of Ibadan. His area of specialty is fish & snail production & health management.
- Dr. Dotun OLADELE, Senior Manager (Technical Lab. Services), Poultry & Fish Diseases Diagnostic Unit, Animal Care Konsult, Ogere – Remo, Ogun State.
- Mrs (Dr) Charity OCHE, The Executive Secretary, Fisheries Society Of Nigeria (FISON), Victoria Island, Lagos State.