Black Soldier Fly Larva Meal
We offer black soldier fly larva meal (maggots) which has proven to be the perfect food for your fish. The offered maggot meal avails the premium opportunity to fish farmers to suitably fulfill the nutritional requirements of their fish while spending lesser.
- Black soldier fly larvae are affordable, nutritionally balanced, eco-friendly and the delicious maggot meal your fishes have been craving for.
- They are offered in different forms, depending on customers’ specific needs.
Package forms of our larva meal
- Fresh and live maggots: These are those maggots that were freshly bred. They can be kept for a maximum of two weeks. Note that if these maggots are not adequately fed, they may decrease in size because of their high metabolic demand.
- Fresh and dead maggots: These were freshly bred but killed. They will be viable for as long as they are kept in a refrigerator. However, they can only stay for 24 hours if not stored in a refrigerator.
- Dried maggots: They have been killed and dried so that they can stay for longer period especially if there is no constant source of power for running a refrigerator. They will comfortably last for 1 year under storage conditions.
What Is a Black Soldier Fly?
A black soldier fly or Hermetia illucens is a common and widespread fly of the family Stratiomyidae.
- The larvae of black soldier flies (Hermetia illucens) are not much to look at but they are making major waves in the aquaculture industry. These superstar maggots are reputable by providing a protein-packed, inexpensive, and high-quality alternative to the otherwise unsustainable and expensive feeds on the market.
- One of the most interesting properties of black soldier flies is their closed and rapid life cycle. The adult female lays its eggs not long before dying, and the larvae hatch in around 4 days.
- By replacing fish feed and fish oil with black soldier fly larva, farmers are beginning to provide affordable and very rich meals to their fish stock, thus eliminating reliance on rather expensive fish feeds. In effect, they are revolutionizing the aquaculture industry.
- Just to let you know, black soldier fly larvae are not only edible to fish, but humans also consume them!
Still doubting the uniqueness of these maggots as the perfect food for your fish? Check this out then:
Proximate analysis of black soldier larva meal
ENERGY 3990.01 kcal/kg.
All protein values were calculated using 6.25 conversion factor.
Benefits of black soldier larvae as feed to fish
- It is concluded that based on production cost, availability, biological value, growth and nutrient utilization, maggot meal is a viable alternative protein source to fish meal in fish diets. -It has relatively good nutritional value, cheaper and less tedious to produce than other animal protein sources.
- Black soldier fly larvae serve is a perfect recycler in nature, keeping excessive waste from the environment. These maggots can convert otherwise useless food wastes which might have constituted an environmental nuisance.
- The production system thus serves the dual purpose of providing a nutrient-rich resource as well as a source of waste transformation and reduction.
- Their use by fish farmers has allowed them to considerably cut the cost of exorbitant fish feed procurement. Now farmers can give better feed to their fish spending a lesser amount of money.
- They are packed full of energy: As larvae, black soldier flies eat and eat and eat. They are doing this to essentially fatten themselves up for the next stages of their life cycle. When your fish eat these larvae, they are definitely getting full benefits of all the energy.
There are no reviews yet.