Broiler Finisher Feed
Hendrix broiler finisher feed is recommended after the consumption of grower feeds till the point of disposal or slaughter of the birds. Finisher feeds are designed at a very high energy level with well-balanced protein, energy ratio (to grow faster), and maximum weight gain with the lowest feed conversion ratio (FCR).
- Essentially, finisher feed contains a protein content that is between 16-18%, which is mainly a maintenance diet until the broiler is slaughtered. Thus, it supports growth and weight maintenance without bombarding them with unnecessary vitamins and minerals.
- The broiler finisher feed is indicated for maximizing performance and weight gain at the lowest possible production cost.
- Fed from the fifth week till slaughter.
- This broiler finisher feed category accounts for the major cost of feeding and involves a change in feed density (increase in energy & decrease in other nutrients).
- Made from highly digestible ingredients
- Good uniformity of particle size is essential because birds at this stage prefer bigger particles.
In open-sided broiler houses, the commonly recommended lighting schedule is 24 hours of light during the brooding period, followed by 23 hours of light and one-hour darkness per day, until slaughter or marketing. The one hour of darkness is to train the birds to acclimatize to darkness, in case of power failure, which may cause panic and trampling.
Floor space, feeder space, and drinker space
The floor space requirement of broilers varies depending on their body weight at the point of marketing, housing systems, marketing age, and ambient temperature. The feeder and drinker space also varies depending on the environmental temperature and the health condition of the birds. The following table contains the approximate floor, feeder, and drinker space requirements for broilers. In relation to our broiler finisher feed
|Floor space/ bird
|Feeder space/ bird
|Up to 18 days
|From 19 days to 42 days
|1000 cm² (1.1 sq.ft.)