Hendrix Starter Concentrate
The Hendrix Starter Concentrate is used as the foundation for feed formulation. Concentrates already contain most of the necessary nutrients and ingredients needed. With regards to some concentrates, all the farmers need is to mix in maize and wheat offal to produce their own feed; which is termed “custom mixing”. This is suitable for farmers and feeds production mills/mixers.
- Concentrates are available for all poultry categories. The use of concentrates offers the farmers control over a wide range of ingredients such as maize, protein cakes, offals, bone meal, and limestone.
- The broiler concentrate starter is specially formulated and uniquely enriched with performance-enhancing additives for making broiler feed (broiler starter mash).
- This range is widely appreciated for its optimum quality, hygienic processing, and easily digestible nature.
- It contains all micro-ingredients and proteins in a well-mixed concentrate.
- In addition, it optimizes the performance and persistence of broiler with high peak performance and production.
Benefits of using broiler concentrates
- Specially formulated and uniquely enriched with performance-enhancing additives for making broiler feed.
- High feed to meat conversion ratio.
- High feed utilization.
Unlike feeds for ruminants, poultry diets are usually complete feeds and supply the total daily requirements, apart from water. These feeds help to maximize production be it for eggs, meat, or rearing replacements. Essentially, broiler varieties of chicken feeds are denser in protein, which encourages the flock to grow bigger, faster.
Floor space, feeder space, and drinker space
The floor space requirement of broilers varies depending on their body weight at the point of marketing, housing systems, marketing age, and ambient temperature. The feeder and drinker space also varies depending on the environmental temperature and the health condition of the birds. The following table contains the approximate floor, feeder, and drinker space requirements for broilers.
|Age||Floor space/ bird||Feeder space/ bird||Drinker space/bird|
|Up to 18 days||450 cm²
|3 cm||1.5 cm|
|From 19 days to 42 days||1000 cm² (1.1 sq.ft.)||6-7 cm||3 cm|