The Zartech Pullets (ISA Brown)
The ISA Brown pullets are hybrid birds containing genes from a wide range of breeds. They were developed by the Institut de Selection Animale (ISA), with reference to enhancing balanced performance and production of high-quality-strong-shelled eggs.
Proven worldwide, this breed is renowned for:
- Its high feed intake capacity.
- Improved feed conversion ratio.
- Ability to perform well and adapt to a variety of conditions.
- Thus, it is one of the best breeds of laying birds available to the Nigerian market.
Although the ISA Brown pullets were mainly developed as battery birds (perform better in battery cages), their adaptive nature enables them to thrive in free range and deep litter housing systems. Therefore, it is ideal for both the small scale and large scale farmers as it is economical.
Features of the ISA Brown pullets
- Superior egg production
- Excellent livability in different climates
- Outstanding large eggs.
- Adaptable to various housing and management systems.