Point-of-Lay is the phrase we use to describe pullets approaching the age when they start laying eggs. How soon they start laying depends on their parent stock as well as the condition of brooding and rearing. Expected laying ranges between 18 to 22 weeks of age. Thus an early purchase enables the hens to adapt to farm conditions and management practices.
- The 12 week old Point of Lay hens has completed all the required vaccinations for their age (you will need to get a veterinarian to complete the remaining vaccinations).
- They are raised under very conducive conditions and properly managed to ensure they deliver well on your farm.
- Most professionals advise new farmers to start chicken egg production with point-of-lay hens. That’s why we have really worked hard to ensure you have peace of mind as a new or old poultry farmer.
- At point-of-lay (16 weeks of age), the hens have scaled through the most difficult parts of raising chickens, after being raised by experienced professionals.
- Depending on how well you manage the chickens on your farm, we expect our point-of-lay hens to cross 50% egg production within 2 to 3 months and reach over 80% egg production or more within 4 to 5 months of the collection from us.
- Kindly ‘Request a Quote’ above to get the current price from us and make your booking.
samuelidika (verified owner) –
I must say I am very satisfied & comfortable with the way you organised & handled our order. The driver was also polite & patient. Thanks
titiolajide (verified owner) –
i appreciate how the order went smoothly and i received my birds in good condition
Achiugo Priscilia (verified owner) –
The birds are healthy and doing fine
Emmanuel Osobar (verified owner) –
Thanks. Was impressed
Recorded 4 mortality though out of 6600 And I can see it was the packing. The crates pressed some.
I remember one time I did a purchase somewhere else. I couldn’t even count the mortality on arrival. But this was different.
I must commend something good. You guys tried.