Albion Amitraz Solution
Albion Amitraz Solution is a premium ectoparasiticide extensively used in dogs and livestock. It is effective against ticks that are already resistant to synthetic pyrethroids and/or organophosphates.
- Amitraz has a detachment effect: If they are not directly killed, ticks leave the host before completing or even initiating their blood meal.
- Amitraz also has a repellent effect that keeps many ticks away from treated animals.
- Amitraz is also effective against scab and mange mites (Psoroptes spp, Sarcoptes spp, etc.) and against certain lice species.
- It can be sprayed or applied by a bath.
- It does not control biting flies and other bloodsucking insects.
- It is unstable in cattle dips that have to be stabilized with lime or fully replenished.
- It is toxic for horses and cats.
- Dogs: Against ticks, Riphicephalus sanguineus, assist in the combat of Ctenocephalides canis fleas, and combating the demodectic and sarcoptic scabies.
- Bovine: Against ticks and scabies, in the combat of Boophilus microplus and Sarcoptes scabiei var. bovis
- Swine and ovine: Against scabies and lice, in the combat of Sarcoptes scabiei var. suis, Melophagus ovinus, and lice of sheep.
- For external use only, by means of spraying or bath. It is dispensed brushing the animals.
- Apply it individually, with the animal controlled. The whole animal body must be wet, with the product well diluted and in the recommended quantity.
- Avoid treating animals during the hours of intense heat or rain
- Do not allow the product to be ingested
- Do not keep or apply it close to food, beverages, medicines or products for home care
- Amitraz is not indicated for dogs with diabetes mellitus
- Avoid contact of the product with the eyes, nose, and mouth of animals
- Avoid contact of the product with eyes, nose, mouth, and skin of the human being. If contact occurs, wash thoroughly with soap and water
- Do not keep the solution prepared to be used later. The use should be immediately after preparation
- Work in a ventilated place and do not inhale the product
- The use of gloves is recommended for the application.