Diminazone is an anti protozoan used for the prevention and treatment of blood parasites of cattle such Babesia, Trypanosoma, and Cowdria.
- It is an antiprotozoal drug, which is a class of medication used to treat infections caused by protozoa, which are single-cell organisms that belong to the type of parasites. Protozoal infections occur throughout the world and are a major cause of morbidity and mortality.
- This product is a soluble granule suitable for solution for injection containing Diminazene diacetate.
- Antiprotozoals are used to treat protozoal infections, which include amebiasis, giardiasis, cryptosporidiosis, microsporidiosis, malaria, babesiosis, trypanosomiasis, Chagas disease, leishmaniasis, and toxoplasmosis.
- Species: Cattle, Sheep, and Goats.
- This product comes in a sachet of 2.36g and 23.6g.
- We deliver nationwide.
Diminazone: Indications for use
- For the treatment of protozoal diseases:
- Trypanosomiasis: Trypanosomacongolense, T. vivax and T. brucei
- Babesiosis: Babesia bovis, B. bigemina, B. motasi
- Cattle: Intramuscular route.
- Dissolve the content of one 2.36 g sachet in 15 ml of sterile water in order to reconstitute a 7 % solution; Inject 0.5 ml of the reconstituted solution per 10 kg b.wt.
- 1 ml/ 10-20 kgs BW administered deep intramuscularly or subcutaneously at the side of the neck
Diminazone: Withdrawal period
- Meat: 28 days. Milk: 7 days
Store in a dry place below 30°C.